What comes to your mind when you think of the word “diet”? You, like many others, probably associate it with words like hunger, taste-less, tedious, un-satisfaction, and so on; basically an unpleasant feeling.
But a diet doesn’t have to be so. It can be tasty, easy and filling. Do you know there is a diet that you can still enjoy barbeque food frequently? This satisfyingly trend-setting diet is known as the keto diet. You probably see it on an influencer profile, heard many people mentioning it. However do you actually know what it means?
A keto diet is essentially a low carb, high fat diet. The main concept of this diet is to cut down your carbohydrate intake to a very low level and replacing them with high fats food. By reducing your carbohydrate intake, you are depleting the glucose that is present in your body. Without glucose, our body will seek other source for energy, and the next source of energy…. the fats in our body. As a result, this sets our body into fat burning mode, a state that most people strive for. This wonderful process is known as ketosis.
Benefits of Keto Diet
1. The first benefit obviously is that it burns the fats in our body thereby reducing it. There is a whole range of benefits that you can get by reducing fats, especially visceral fats. But this will be another long list. We will skip the details for now and I will share this a future blog post. In conclusion, with lesser fats you are one step to a slimmer and healthier you.
2. This it the best part of this diet, it is usually filling. On nom nom nom! You don’t need to go through the pain of hunger or nibbling on very small portion. You ever seen videos showing celebrities eating their meals or sharing their diet? I always squirm at the eating portion. An egg for breakfast, an apple for lunch, salad for dinner. I admire their discipline and determination but it’s something I can never do it.
3. The next benefit of Keto is you don’t need to count the calories in your food. Aren‘t it tedious to count every food you eat? You don’t have to worry about this numbers if you are doing Keto. No need to carry a weighting scale and nope, you don’t need a calculator every time you eat. You can spend more time connecting with your meal buddy.
4. Adopting a keto diet proves to be especially beneficial especially for people with conditions such as diabetes. People with diabetes have impaired insulin sensitivity. With the help of keto diet, it helps to improve insulin activity by a whooping 75%. Beside this, it also reduces the risk of other chronic diseases like heart attack, cancer and etc.
5. It reduces craving for food. With less carb and refined sugar in keto diet, the fluctuation of sugar in the bloodstream is more stable. This allows your brain to have a better control at regulating the signal for hunger. You will reduce the number of occasion that you have the urge to eat. This is unlike most restrictive diet that you will find yourself craving for more food while you are on it. This makes Keto one of the easier diet to stick to as you don’t have to constantly battle yourself with food.
What can or can't you eat?
- Meat (Steak, bacon, chicken…)
- Fatty Fish like Salmon and Tuna
- Shrimps and Crabs (Some shellfish do have carbs)
- Low-carb vegetables (Kale, broccoli, spinach…)
- Oils (Olive oil, coconut oils…)
- Nuts and seeds
- Unsweetened Coffee and Tea
- Cakes, pastries, bread
- Fruit Juice
- Sweets and sugars
- Bubble Tea
You may be wondering to yourself, “Is this for me?”. After all if one were to introduce something new to their life, it takes time for results to be evident. Change is tough and the last thing we want to do is to make ourselves feel miserable. However, I will recommend to give it a try. Give yourself a few weeks to see how it makes you feel. There is nothing to lose and at most revert back to your previous lifestyle if this experiment fails. Just take a baby step and progressively go towards a healthier you!
Keto Friendly Food
$12.00 – $46.00$12.00 – $46.00